Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: TMN
Accepted Solution

Bbm went missing

Hello!

Today i've upgraded my BBMessenger and after restart the app went missing! I've tried to take the battery out, and still no bbm!

If i check it on app world it says that i have bbm installed but the delete button is also gone!

Please help meeeeeeeee Smiley Happy

Thanks!!

Kind Regards,

Ana Horta
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Bbm went missing

Hi ana_lucia_f1

Welcome to the Community

First please try to clear your App World Cache :

Open App World - Go to My World - Then While pressing and holding the ALT key, type RST.

App World will Close.

Then Perform a battery pull restart like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot.

See if BBM appears if not  Uninstall it from your device Options - Device  - Application Managment -Delete it from there.Perform a battery pull as said above.

Download BBM from App World again and see if problem resolves.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: TMN

Thank you Prince!!

I had to delete bbm from application manager and installed it again! Problem solved!!!!

Kind Regards,

Ana Horta
Elite II

Hi ana 

You are most Welcome....! Enjoy your BBM.

Prince

New Contributor
My Device: Bb8900
My Carrier: polycarp

Am using 9780 orange with 6.0 bundle2949 and I upgrade my BBM,the icon went missing but I complained yesterday and you said I should go to option >application and delete BBM there then I should do a rebot by taking my battery out and wait for like a minute before restarting my phone and after,I should go to www.Blackberry.com/bbm and download the bbm but I did it this morning yet the BBM icon is not showing on my home page.Please help me because I want my BBM back.
Elite II

micpoly wrote:
Am using 9780 orange with 6.0 bundle2949 and I upgrade my BBM,the icon went missing but I complained yesterday and you said I should go to option >application and delete BBM there then I should do a rebot by taking my battery out and wait for like a minute before restarting my phone and after,I should go to www.Blackberry.com/bbm and download the bbm but I did it this morning yet the BBM icon is not showing on my home page.Please help me because I want my BBM back.

Hello micpoly

If you already Installed BBM and still unable to locate BBM , then please refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB23968 BlackBerry Messenger icon disappears from the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone.

Try it and let us know.

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Clearing the App World Cache did not work for me either, however the uninstalling via Application Managment worked perfectly.

I had the same problem I have a BB Bold 9900 and im running 7.1.0 Build 2061 and lst night was promted to update BBM to 7.0.1.23, after the update BBM was gone.

Thx Prince wokred, I am now connected again.

Elite II

Hello ryno29

That's Great .. Its nice to know that you're able to fix your issue by using the Search Options Smiley Happy

Fantastic !