Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile CDMA

Belt clip magnet, sleep mode and music

Basically my question is, if I get a belt clip for my Blackberry Curve 8330 and it has one of those magnets that uses the proximity technology to put the phone into sleep mode, will that prevent me from listening to music on the phone while it's in the belt clip?
BlackBerry Curve 8530
Carrier: Boost Mobile CDMA
16 GB microSDHC card installed
New Contributor
My Device: Curve ATT 8310

Re: Belt clip magnet, sleep mode and music

No, the magnet will not keep your songs from playing.  I use this method daily.  Select the media player, songs and play.  Insert in your holster and enjoy......I do this frequently at work and enjoy my 400 mp3's while working.  You can adjust the volume to suit your preferences.  Incidentally, my volume was reduced by almost 50% when upgrading to the new 4.5 OS.  I used MP3Gain and it normalized (improved the volume significantly) my songs and I'm happy again. 

I love my magnetic catch holster and would not be without it......even bought a spare.  It provides great protection but it is still possible to accidentally dial a number while holstered if you are using speed keys and lean against something that activates a key.  For that reason, you may want to lock your BB (depress the k key) prior to holstering if you think your activities may cause this to happen.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900 bold
My Carrier: 02

How do i listen to my video that ive downloaded to my blackberry so that they continuously play through all songs with out stopping. Can some one please let me no ASAP that you.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900 bold
My Carrier: 02

it wont let me play my video song when i close the flap with the magnet . it shut off the song do you no how to fix it so it will play when i flip the magnet flap over?