Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Best Case/holster for BlackBerry Torch...your recommendations

I'm in the market for a new case/holster for my phone.

I went to Best Buy and was shocked at the prices and went to Target and found a decent case for 20 bucks. they problem with it is that when i would try to pull the phone out it would mute the ringers or cause the phone to unlock. i returned it.

does anyone have a really good case/holster they would recommend?

I would like a holster that protects the phone but also is easy pull the phone out of without pressing buttons or accidentally unlocking it.

also, i have seen reference to the phone knowing when it is in the holster, how does that work?

I have to say the the location of the unlock/lock button is by far the worst thing about this phone. wtf were they thinking. hope they correct that on the sequel.

Thanks for any recommendations you post. if not too much trouble provide a link to the case you recommend

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Best Case/holster for BlackBerry Torch...your recommendations

You want a belt holster? Get the OEM holster:

http://www.blackberrysource.com/store/products/BlackBerry-Torch-9800-Series-Leather-Swivel-Holster-B...

fausto412 wrote:

also, i have seen reference to the phone knowing when it is in the holster, how does that work?

It's the magnet in the case, which the devices senses upon insertion.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

You might also want to check into cases from Seidio.  They're not cheap, but I've used them on almost every BlackBerry I've owned and been very happy with the way they protect the devices.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

Best Buy has a Sedio in stock for $35 bucks, still under consideration.

I'm resigned to spend money to get a good one because the cheap one i bought at target just wasn't great.

this right here is looking hot

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd2-hr6bb9800-bk.htm

Forums Veteran I

Yep.  I'm currently demoing one of those for Seidio to write a review on it.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

Forums Veteran I

yeah it does.

Contributor

ok....i'm torn between this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875996245

and this one

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd2-hr6bb9800-bk.htm

what's the difference between the Active and the Surface models?

does it justify the price difference?

any good places to buy these for low prices?

Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

The Active case adds another element of protection to the device, covering everything except the ports for the USB and headphones.  The entire device is covered, including the buttons and top vs. the Surface which leaves those exposed.

The buttons are still usable, though due to the design of the case, using little rubber "tabs" if you will, over the buttons.

The Surface is a hard, rubberized plastic.  The Active has a soft rubberized cover, then a hard plastic "skeleton" that snaps in place over the soft cover.

I am currently using the Surface case and like both the Surface and Active cases, the Active for the extra protection.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

i ended up buying one in the uk from ebay as the one from the shops was almost 3 times the price and it was pants.

i guess you would be able to find many online ebay shops that sell the same one. i paid £2.95 but ive noticed theve put the price up now.

edit: sorry link wont work. just type 9800 torch black hard armourd hybrid case.