Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Best way to coordinate my email for Blackberry 8310 and Outlook 2007

New user here; looks like a great resource.

I did a search on this, and figure that it must have been discussed, but no luck with search.

Anyway:

I use my new Blackberry 8310 (Curve) to pick up email when out of the office, where I use Outlook 2007.  Email is retrieved using the non-enterprise BB service.

My question is - much of the email I get on the Blackberry can wait until I get back to the office.  I know that I can delete it from the BB but not the server, which (I think) means that I will keep getting the message again on the BB.  It also means that I need to delete the message from both the BB and Outlook.

Are there any hints or tricks on how to minimize the amount of back and forth i am going through while getting emails on both BB and Outlook?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Best way to coordinate my email for Blackberry 8310 and Outlook 2007

You could try using filters on the BIS to avoid having specific types of emails or from specific people come to your BlackBerry at all.  Other than that if you want true syncronization from Outlook to BlackBerry - that is one of the main benefits and time savers of a BES solution.