Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Bible Software for Blackberry Curve

I'm a new Blackberry user. My smartphone was a Palm Treo 700p. I used OliveTree bible software which is a really cool software. I bought the same product for my BB Curve 8330 but it does not work the same. Very hard to use and not at all pleasing to the eye. I am looking for a good product with a one time purchase price. Bible Unleashed looks good but there is apparently a monthly subscription. I hope someone has experience with this. This may be a deal breaker with my BB.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Bible Software for Blackberry Curve

if you have a data plan, you can simply surf the web on any Bible website.

You can also buy a Bible e-book, and use an e-book application for Blackberry to read it on your Blackberry :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=General_Functions&message.id=2948

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I use Olive tree on my pearl. It is tough to learn but it does work.
Guru I

tomcr wrote:
I use Olive tree on my pearl. It is tough to learn but it does work.

A new version of that application is available, read ahead :

http://www.berryreview.com/2008/08/25/olive-tree-bible-beta-now-lets-you-store-to-your-sd-card/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: 8330 Curve

Try the Laridian Bible Software. Works good for me but the listings they offer for our Curve are somewhat limited.
Guru I

the free YouVersion Bible is beta :
http://www.berryreview.com/2008/12/11/youversion-free-bible-app-goes-out-of-beta/

Contributor

Im also looking for the sameI was using e-sword for MS mobile device and I liked it a lot. You could search, highlight and bookmark passagesDoes the Olive Tree for BB's give you any of these optionsI was considering switching to it but would like to be able to mark passages for memorizing.

Guru I

you can download Olive Tree for free, so don't ask, just test it and tell us !

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

I downloaded the Olivetree bible software.  I paid extra for the ESV .  I also got the free bible reader.  I have enjoyed it/ Was able to increase my font to a larger size.  Jesus's words are in red.  It is pretty cool It also has a commentary and a place for notes. 

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: 8830

Re: Re: Bible Software for Blackberry Curve

GO to biblegateway.com. Wonderful resource, useful tools, every version you can think of, and it's free:-)
Phil