Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Birthday Reminders

I have beens searching the forums for a while now and no positive answer to my question.  I have all my birthdays and anniversarys entered into my contact list and some of them updated via Facebook.  I am trying to find a way to get reminders without setting up a calender reminder for each one that is already in the phone.

Is this even possible?

Thanks, Justin.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Birthday Reminders

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I tested it several ways, and I don't think you can get reminders without setting them manually.

There isn't an option when you set up the contact's birthday for a reminder to set one.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Justin, That's exactly my question as well! I've a BB curve and would like to do the same. Have had any reply in this regard?Thys
New Contributor

Thanks Bifocals. I thought so. I will continue placingthe birthday dates manually in my appointments under calender.Thys
Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

I have a 9550 and if I enter a Birthdate in a contact listing it automatically enters a reminder in the calendar.  Granted I am running a hybrid OS and didn't check when I was running the straight .607.  It is handy that it is automatic.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I am having the same issues along with the fact that i have family contacts and currently i haven't found an option on my Bold 9700 that solves the fact that there is more then one member in a family contact.  Birthdays are link to the main name on the contact so if they have kids, unless i create a contact record for each one, i can only choose either one date, with the main contact person as the reminder.

Developer

Have a look at ThinkOfMe. Works well and uses what's in your address book. They probably going to extend it to other sources too, such as Facebook

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/13661

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl
My Carrier: Bsnl

The best option for automatic birthday reminders is to use zebrost phone book. This book can be used parellely with our native phone book and is available on app.world.i

I had recently installed this as it is free as well as easy to use. In that after installation all contacts from native phone book comes to zpb. It gives the provisions of storing multiple birthdays in single contact. In a single contact, I have stored the birthday of my friend, his husband, his kid, their anniversary and their office opening date and I automatically gets the reminder on the date on which any of the above event occurs..

Apart from that, if any persons is a zpb users and he himself has uploaded his updated bcard along with all events like birthday, anniversary etc  on the zpb user and I am having his  phone number in my phone book, then on running "UPDATE CONTACTS" in SeeYou Cards in zpb, I receive the updated bcard of those persons. And if that person has already enter birthday then I automatically get the reminder in my phone on his birthday and I wish to him based on that reminder.

Thus zpb gives me the automatic birthday reminders of those persons of whom I haven't even entered the birthdays or other events manually. Secondly it permits me to enter the multiple events in one contact with the reminder facility to each event in a particular contact.

Lastly even if I changes my phone model, I will transfer all my contacts from old phone to new one. In that case the birthdays and other things also gets transferred. So no need to type birthdays again manually in the new phone. Also no need to enter birthdays on annual basis. I am thankful to zpb.

Developer

sounds like you work for them ;-)

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl
My Carrier: Bsnl

Hello pfiffi78!!!!!!!!

I don't work for them but at that time I had recently installed it.

And I personally liked it.