Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: PRIV, Passport, Z30, Q10, Z10

Birthday alerts - how to stop / How to Bedside mode with NO clock?

I need to calendar alerts to be active but HOW can I avoid the Birthday alerts/AllDay entry alerts to alert at 0:01 midnight?

also - 

When charging every 2nd day - I set it to bedside mode to avoid blinking lights and alerts during nighttime- but I don't want the bright clock to show... HOW can I disable watch but still use all other features in Bedside mode?

BB9900 

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Birthday alerts - how to stop / How to Bedside mode with NO clock?

Hello lindstrom,

There is no supported way to make change the notifications for the All day appointments. You can also not dim the watch when in bedside mode this is by design.

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: mtn sa

What a load of **bleep**!  

A very basic problem here that rim could fix so easily and yet the official answer is just tough - that's how it is.

How ridiculous... even if the phone is on silent it still wakes you up at midnight!  this is very anoying there needs to be a simple solution where you dont get woken up at midnight for all day appointments!  very simple .... something like this to add to your sourcecode...

if <appointment all day> then reminder time = 6 hours before start of event else ....

or 

if current time = some ungodly hour and notification type = calendar reminder then do nothing else continue with notification.

(and especially if from facebook!! and even more especially if the phone is on silent!!!)

wake up and provide decent solution or... sit back and watch the shareprice of RIM plummeting 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

@cc44, perhaps RIM should release more models, each one with EXACTLY the features that each individual user wants....nothing more, nothing less, just the perfect features for each and every user.  I would think they could do it by releasing 2000-3000 different models.  That way, nobody would be complaining about anything.

Sorry for being a smart-***, I just found your reply to be very disrespectful.  Smiley Sad

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: mtn sa

@BillJ  

fair enough... I just find it so pathetic that RIM feels absolutely nothing that everyone of their clients (on whatever OS versions) who has facebook sync gets woken up at midnight whenever they know someone born the next day.... 

think about how many people are adversely affected by this 'feature' ... and their response... sorry tough luck - an all day appointment means you get woken at midnight.  

I was coming from a place of extreme frustration after being woken yet again... and got very excited to find something on blackberry support relating to the problem... only to find RIM's pathetic response....  Long live Android !