Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Black Berry Curve Blinking Light of Doom

I just recently bought a black berry curve and after a week or two of having it, it randomly went off on me. The screen goes black and the light starts to blink red. Randomly, it came back on. It started happening more and more, and it became to be a pain to get it to turn back on, having to fidget with it constantly. Now it's like it won't even come on.

I know for a fact it's not the battery's lifespan, because when I finally do get it back on, the battery is 90-100% full.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried looking through the forum for a similar case but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any help, in advance. 

New Contributor

Re: Black Berry Curve Blinking Light of Doom

Hi

You are not alone! See my message from yesterday (JohnW). My new Pearl 8120 does exactly the same. Seems to be a completely random happening. Often seems to happen right near the end of a long text mesage, on the other hand I have witnessed it when I was not even touching it. So far no-one has replied to my posting.

I too have done all the soft reset stuff. I have also powered down and left it alone overnight, but it still happens randomly and it takes quite a while to re-boot. Major irritation as far as I am concerned!!

Some one must have the answer...not even sure how you get an answer from the makers.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Black Berry Curve Blinking Light of Doom

Did you guys try to reflash/upgrade the OS?

You can check the latest version of the OS available for download from http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp