Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: vodafone

Black Berry Desktop Software Issue

I have 2 Curve 9380 BB with two different carriers. and one tourch 9800

I use the BB Desktop software to backup my device.

When i backup my tourch I have no issues at all.

now with the BB 9380 (I only perform a backup and NO data or contact replication to my outlook)
 I purchased them with a gap of 5 months diff.

the backup were working fine till i got the 2nd BB 9380

I entered few numbers on the 2nd BB 9380 (that does not exist on the 1st BB 9380)

I wanted to backup the 2nd BB 9380.

The back up went tro fine.

When i was checking my contact on the 2nd BB 9380 it had the contacts from the 1st BB 9380.

and when i had connected the 1st BB 9380 the contacts from the 2nd BB were copied to the 1st BB 9380.

Not sure what the bug is but can this be resolved ??????

Regards,

Joe.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Black Berry Desktop Software Issue

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please confirm -- you are using the word "backup", which refers to a specific function.

• KB12487 How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

There also is the concept of synchronization to a PC-based app (e.g. Outlook).

• KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software

These two functions are completely different. What you describe should not happen with "backup", but could happen with synchronization. Please confirm.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................