Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9320 curve
My Carrier: 31611330231
Accepted Solution

Black Berry ID - forgot password and security question answer

Hi,

I have the BB id username but forgot the BB id password and also the security question answer.

Could you please help me in reset or receover the same?

thanks a lot for your help.

regs

subrat

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: Black Berry ID - forgot password and security question answer

[ Edited ]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Use your e-mail to reset your password,the same email you used as your BlackBerry ID. reset here BB ID Password reset

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi, Thanks for your response. Indeed I have tried resetting, however it asks for the secret question and I dont remember the answer to the same. Hence seeking help what else is possible here. regs subrat
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you. Note carefully please that there is only one method to reset your BBID without the need for the security question/answer...if you do not meet the prerequisite for that method, then none of the automated systems will work, and only human support can help you (the method for which is also documented in the linked thread).

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks All for your response.

With long marathon and mulitple tries, I got my security question answered and able to reset the password now.

Very much relieved now.

regs

subrat

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Excellent! Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: mtn

hi please could you assist me, my friend at work has lost his password for his blackberry i helped him create one as it was my old phone that i sold to him long story short he cant remember the password to his security question we have tried multiple times with no luck it locked us out and after 15min we have one try and it locks again it getting frustrating please help.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: mtn

O no I may have posted in someone else thread im really sorry. admin could you please move my thread to where it should be please. my apoligies.
Hall of Famer III

There is no need to move this...rather, all you need to is scroll up to post 5 in this thread, click and read (carefully!) what that post links to...all of the necessary information is there.

Good luck!