Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Black Berry protect not showing up after updgrade

I have a Torch 9810, For some reason (its been a few months, low on my priority list) after a upgrade black berry protect stopped showing up as an app icon or anywhere on my phone. When I go to MY World its not even listed in unistalled software, just gone. When I go to APP world and search for bb protect, it comes up but doesnt have any options to install, reinstall, or anything.

What can I do to fix this? I really like having it, because I dont have time to stop and backup to desktop all the time.

Any help appreciated.

Dragon..........the other white meat
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Black Berry protect not showing up after updgrade

After what kind of upgrade? Did you upgrade the device or just upgrade it's software? Also, is this a work BlackBerry?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Just BB protect app, it popped up as an having upgrade, aftwards was gone.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Can you look in Options >Application Management and see if it's listed there? Just go to Options and type Application Management into the search bar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

No its not in app management or anywhere on phone.
Guru II

Open AppWorld and go into MyWorld. While in there type alt + R S T while on that screen. You won't see anything typed but AppWorld should reset. Open it back up and try it again.

Contributor

went into app world the my world, pressed alt + R S T and closed out app world went back in and nothing changed.

Guru II

The only thing left is your data plan. Are you on a full BlackBerry data plan that supports BB Protect? Also, you never answered whether or not this was a work-provided BlackBerry.

Contributor

yes Im with AT&T Blackberry 2g data plan, no its a personal Blackberry not work.

Guru II

I'm at a loss then. The only way to get the app is through AppWorld but you say there are no options to do anything with the app there?

I would say contact AT&T for support. If they can't resolve the issue then have them escalate the case to RIM. They won't always offer that so if they tell you to come back to the forums here then press them to escalate the case to RIM. It is no cost to them or you and is the best method for resolution. These forums are not an official support channel but rather a peer to peer community forum.