Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: GiffGaff

Black Screen, no red light

Please help, my blackberry has been doing this thing lately where i'm using it and it just turns off without letting my know battery is low (and it usualy isn't even low) and today I recieved a phone call, I was speaking on the phone for less that a minute when it turned off.

I tried to charge it and turn it back on, and now it's on, working (i'm still recieving messages etc) but theres nothing on the screen, it's completely black, not even a red light

tried taking the battery out, tried charging, nothings working Smiley Sad
It's had no water damage at all. I can't afford to buy a new phone :'(

Please someone help me!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Black Screen, no red light

Buy a new phone?  My friend, you need to take that phone back for a warranty replacement (assuming, of course, that your phone is newer than one year old).  Your issue sounds serious enough to get a new phone.  If you follow my advice (and you're entiltled to a new device), make sure you do a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Protect before you return the phone.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.