Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Proximus

Black Screen

I got a problem here is it:

my blackberry 9800 has a black screen at first it started only when i slided it open the screen remains black....

But sinds recently it sometimes even wont work when i press the unlock button.

the screen stays black but the buttons underneath like green and red phonebutton, the back button and the menu button light up. i need to restart it but today the screen went black and it stayed black... even when i restart the phone completely (taking out the battery) the screen remains black i dont even see the loading screen of blackberry.

now i have to be honest the phone fell 1 time on the top left corner of the phone. so i really think that it's only a lose connection but still can somebody help me out here because i'm really fond of my blackberry because i got it from my girlfriend. so this mean i don't have the garantee ticket i lost it......... 
What should it cost when i need to send it up to fix the problem??

For now everybody who responds Thank You verry much 

like to hear from someone soon 

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Re: Black Screen

yorickfens wrote:

I got a problem here is it:

my blackberry 9800 has a black screen at first it started only when i slided it open the screen remains black....

But sinds recently it sometimes even wont work when i press the unlock button.

the screen stays black but the buttons underneath like green and red phonebutton, the back button and the menu button light up. i need to restart it but today the screen went black and it stayed black... even when i restart the phone completely (taking out the battery) the screen remains black i dont even see the loading screen of blackberry.

now i have to be honest the phone fell 1 time on the top left corner of the phone. so i really think that it's only a lose connection but still can somebody help me out here because i'm really fond of my blackberry because i got it from my girlfriend. so this mean i don't have the garantee ticket i lost it......... 
What should it cost when i need to send it up to fix the problem??

For now everybody who responds Thank You verry much 

like to hear from someone soon 

Well, the drop probably has a lot to do with your issue so first try to upgrade the OS. If you haven't yet, follow the instructions in this thread and see if it solves your issue. If it doesn't, it will have to go to RIM for repairs. How much? I don't have access to that information. 

Let us know how it goes.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".