Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Black Screen

I tried to go into the Torch 9800 section, but the "new message" link stays gray. I hope someone here can help me. First, my battery started losing charge really fast, even when it showed it as fully charged. Now (even when plugged in), when I open a picture sent to me, try to text a message to someone, or open the camera (not the picture gallery, just the camera itself, or individual pictures) my screen goes completely black The power lights are on, and the keyboard is illuminated, it is just the screen that is not working. Previously, I have had to remove the battery and put it back in to fix the problem; now in order to fix it, I must do this four or five times. I do not want to invest money in a new battery if the battery isn't the problem (I have seen other posts about this issue, but a new battery hasn't helped). Does anyone know if a new battery WILL help, or if this is something that can be fixed (if so, how), or is it a permanent issue that can't be fixed? Thanks a bunch!!!
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Black Screen

I've been around the block a few times in these forums and I'm going to suggest outright that you contact AT&T right away for a replacement.  Of course, this would only apply if your phone is newer than one year old.

If you decide to follow my advice, do a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Protect before returning the phone.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.