Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: 3 UK

Black spots on the screen of bold 9700

i have been using a Bold 9700 for the past 1.5 years, and it has not given me much trouble so far. Recently, I have having a few problems with the screen. All of a sudden, a small black patch appeared on the bottom left side of the screen.It seemed the pixels stopped working at that portion, leadig to a blackout. However, after a couple of days the screen was working fine again. It worked properly for a good 1-1.5 months. Now, the black spot re-appeared but this time on the top left side of the screen. Has anyone else faced this problem??? Does anyone have any idea what exactly is happening, and how can I solve this problem??? Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Black spots on the screen of bold 9700

Did you phone fall or crash in any way?it happened me some days ago!my blackberry bold 9780 felt from the table.After that there was a big spot on the right top.The strangest thing is that the next morning the spot had pratically moved.Now it was at the right bottom.After some hours i noticed that the big spot had divided in two smaller ones,one at the right bottom and the other at the right top.I don't relly know how to solve this.And i don't know where to find assistence for this prob

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: 3 UK

It fell off my hands...and I have had the same problems that you mentioned. Anyone has any fix for this?
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

It happened to me too. The first time, I was sunbathing and my phone was under my t-shirt, so it wouldnt get direct sunlight. After ~30min I picked it up and it had a black mark on the right side. I thought the pixels had died because of the sun heat. The next day I noticed the the mark was smaller and it got smaller in the days after, until it disapeared. The black mark appeared again in the next year, after a plane flight, I think this time was because of the air pressure. The mark disapeared after a few months.

Two months ago, another black mark appeared on the same spot as the other 2. This one got bigger 2 days ago, after leaving the phone resting inside my car, on a hot day, not subject to direct sunlight, just a hot environment.

I have no idea what this is, but it irritates me, since I cant see what's behind the it.