Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Student
Accepted Solution

BlackBary 9320 Batery Heat

Hi, i got the curve 9320 2 months ago, the first phone was over heating and the battery only lasted 4 hours maximum, so vodafone replaced it, then the second one is now doing excatly the same thing, nothing is switched on, on the phone that would cause the battery to do this, fully charged this morning, not one call or text and the phone is red hot and dead 4 hours later, could this be a manufactoring fault????

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBary 9320 Batery Heat

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

frecautanu wrote:

could this be a manufactoring fault????

It could be, but no one here can say so with any level of authority. If you want to perform a quick (probably 1 day) diagnosis, I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then it's likely not a hardware fault but rather the fault of some add-on or 3rd party app you've installed. So think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

If the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then I'd recommend you return to Vodafone for further formal assistance.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Warming has already slowed ! only 7 hours battery you already ... can be bad battery now ??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

What? I don't understand those words. Can you try again please? Are you in Safe Mode or not? Details please...I cannot see what you see...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

The only issue is resolved .The battery  not heating lit.  Battery after heating. Can cause problems? 

New Contributor

I did not use the Safe Mode
New Contributor

I did not use the Safe Mode ...

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

So, you in essence did nothing but the problem isn't happening anymore? That's what I deduce from your posts...

frecautanu wrote:

Battery after heating. Can cause problems? 

If you are asking can the battery now be damaged given what was happening, the answer is yes. It might be damaged. Or it might be fine. At an internet distance, there is no way to know.

Good luck!

New Contributor

I found. The problem was the SIM card. Thanks 

Hall of Famer III

I'm glad you found the answer. I'm sorry that I was not able to understand you very well, and therefore unable to provide you with much useful help.

Good luck!