Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

BlackBerry 10 support for desktop manager ASAP!!!

Hi. My work just upgraded my phone and to the 4G EE network two weeks ago and initially got a Nokia limit (as they BBC10 hadn't launched) but as windows phone 8 didn't support outlook sync and I've been a loyal blackberry user for years, we sent the last phone back as I knew the new blackberry 10 was coming out and loved desktop manager for its usability with outlook so I assumed I would be able to sync my work contacts with the new blackberry Z10. 

How utterly disjointed that blackberry 10 doesn't support desktop manager and blackberry link does sync with outlook. The old Research in Motion would never have wanted to alienate their loyal followers. But this is the new Blackberry. Microsoft did the same thing when they stopped supporting activsync on windows phone with their own software but I never thought blackberry would follow them. 

Will desktop manager be upgraded soon to blackberry 10 or shall I send my new Z10 back along with WP8 and get an I Phone or Android device!

I can't believe I demanded the new blackberry now! 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: BlackBerry 10 support for desktop manager ASAP!!!

As this is a work phone, does your company not support OTA sync for your corporate email, calendar and contacts? 

I don't believe BDM will be updated to work with BB10, that is why they have released Link. Admittedly the intial version of Link is lacking in several areas though!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

Re: BlackBerry 10 support for desktop manager ASAP!!!

Your right!!

Blackberry should just shut the door and turn the lights out, the lack of ability to sync with outlook is the last straw. My Z10 arrives in 3 hours and isn't even going to be unwrapped and is going straight back. I'll keep my 9800 till it dies and then get something else, why should anyone of us as customers accept a backward step..