Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry 8330 BES email Icon missing

I originally setup my Blackberry with Internet Web mail to my work Exchange account.  It worked and I had a message icon and a email icon.  Email form work would not arrive instantly, but would arrive.

We then installed the BES Professional at work and set up the blackberry to connect via BES.  I then would get email messages in my email folder (icon) twice; once instantly (From BES), and later I would get the same message from the Internet side.  I then deleted the Internet email account to stop the duplication; however, the end result was that the email icon disappeared leaving only the message icon. 

How do I get the BES email Icon reloaded?  I have resent the service books, and reregistered.  I also reestablished the internet account; however, the BES traffic does not appear instantly as it did at first.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry 8330 BES email Icon missing

I found my answer on in the following Blackberry knowledge base article "See KB03151 for information about the role of service books in email account integrations with BlackBerry® Internet Service accounts. Because of the way service books function, there is no icon on the Home screen of your BlackBerry smartphone for individual email messages delivered by a BlackBerry Enterprise Server."