05-05-2013 07:11 AM
Phone reboots then displays following messages:
1. Uncaught exception: Index 4 > = 4
2. Uncaught exception: Application Registry: get or wait for ( ox7c802477365c3985)
Owner died Thread [Thread - 86355968,5 ]
After you get past these messages it shows "App Error 523"
Further more the qwerty keypad works fine while texting but when trying to dail from the home screen nothin happens.
Can't make or receive calls, reply on bbm/text messages.
Can someone please assist or at least tell me what's wrong with the handset? Can it be fixed?
05-05-2013 10:22 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
Please try those Steps to resolve your issue with this JVM error :
( Credit JSanders )
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device. BlackBerry Software Download Site
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
KB24395 : "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry Smartphone
KB10144 : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
05-11-2013 07:00 AM
Sorry to hear that , But Step 4 is the most crusial part , it depends on perfect timing , You have to the next button before populating your device PIN , and also you may not get success at with a few tries , have to try again and again because it all depends on timing .
So try it again and let us know.