Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry 9530 Battery Life Solved

I tried this several times and it seems to be the culprit. Charge your phone to 100% then DO NOT BRING IT ANY NEAR THE CASE HOLDER THAT CAME WITH THE PHONE..  It seems like it drains the battery life. I charged up to 100% Saturday night.. unplugged Sunday morning and used my phone until Tuesday afternoon on the same charge until 0% red flashing. I'm now recharging. Hope this observation helps Smiley Very Happy

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: BlackBerry 9530 Battery Life Solved

my battery life when i first got the phone was horrible.

ive had it since dec 9th and the life has greatly improved!

i have the oem black leather horizontal holster and it works great, and puts the phone to sleep.

i bet i could go 3 days without a charge now!

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Regular Contributor

case holder that came with the phone???? what is that?
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I use the clip holster OEM from Blackberry, and it works for me.

The device is set to lock and standby in the holster.

Here is a great article on battery tips by JSANDERS.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberrynews.com/2008/05/20/battery-use-tips-for-your-maximum-battery-life/
Message Edited by Bifocals on 01-06-2009 09:20 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 01-06-2009 09:24 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

so I guess the battery takes some time to really work like its suppose to. I haven't had it any where near the oem holster it came with in days.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

my storm didnt come with a case.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi Onionman,

I noticed in your post that you had run the battery to 0%, as noted in the article that's not

a required or desired condition for the new batteries. You may want to follow the charging

tips and retry the holster.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Message Edited by Bifocals on 01-06-2009 10:59 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I used it until it went to flashing red then pluged it in right awayfor recharging. When I was using the original case/holder the battery wasn't even lasting a full day.
New Contributor

That's odd, my storm didn't come with a holster. I'm using a hard plastic AGF case and my battery barely lasts a day. Definitely won't if i'm using the net much. So you're saying that the battery life will improve?

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

I'm in the UK with Vodafone.

The battery life when I first received my Storm was measured in hours rather days, so I was rather alarmed. I then followed the hints on this forum. I charged the battery up for 30 hours, waited for it to run down, then another 24 hour charge, then about 18 ditto. That is three loooong charges.  I switched off the 3G and GPS. I only switch them back on when needed. I set the display to dim quickly and not be too bright on max. I ensure the phone is holstered when not in use. The battery now lasts two or three days, depending on what I am doing. I have a charger for the car, and from the mains. I charge the phone overnight when low or during the day from the car if I am driving.

This way battery life is not an issue and more than acceptable bearing in mind the intensive use these devices can get. I have no experience with other smartphones but from what I read elsewhere all powerful smartphones soak up power. I just hope that the Storm is no worse than most!