Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: Orange UK

BlackBerry 9900 Battery life issues?

I got my phone yesterday. I charged it all night and got up and used it, then it went down to 80% by using it for 30 mins in the morning, then i topped the charge back up to 100% and went to work. The battery literally only lasted 7/8 hours? Is this really what it's meant to be like? And also I cannot update to OS 7.1... I'm in the UK, can anyone tell me how to do so? Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook & 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry 9900 Battery life issues?

I am on my third 9900 as replaced on warranty thanks to Rogers. The first had a scroll failure that was thermal-related. It woiuld drop to the bottom of whatever menu was displayed. As it heated up, it got worse.

That aside, this pathetic battery life is common to all three 9900 phones.

There may exist some software that kills all apps running in the background. 

The 4-dot icon next to the signal strength icon is evidence that your blackberry is in constant communication with the RIM mother ship. How much data and juice is that consuming?

There is a UK company that builds a a 3x battery but it i$ expen$ive and changes the slim feature of the 9900 with its high profile backing plate.

When is a cell phone not a cell phone? When the battery is dead...

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 7.0 Bundle 2406
My Carrier: Vodafone

Welcome to the nighmare world of the Blackberry Bold 9900: the battery life is simply shocking and the performance is unacceptably poor.  You will need to trawl through this site, like wading through treacle, to find out that thousands of others have been similarly afflicted.  You may also find links to OS7.01 but don't expect Blackberry to help you in any meaningful way: not only is the performance of this phone a disappointment, it is an absolute disgrace and, potentially, a commercial disaster. Blackberry should hang their heads in shame. 

I have had my phone a month.  I generally charge it at midday (if near any plug) and routinely switch off 3G (no chance of running social networking apps: far too rubbish for that) so, in the end, have paid a large chunk of cash for a 'smart phone' that just isn't very smart.  Enjoy. 

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi ,

I have bought a blackberry 9900 and first 5 days days battery was running for a day but now it drained ouit every 3 hours , this is disguisting .........i should have read this thread earlier before buying this handset.....is their any way to increase a battery life ?

thnx

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Hard to believe we can't get any help from Blackberry or RIM. Lifetime blackberry user here and really like the product, but I do have a few issuses including this one that need to be resolved. I thought these forums would have solutions to problems, but all I find is problems and no solutions. Wake up Blackberry! Do you really want to test your loyal follows patience with so many other options on the market today. You guys need to change in a new direction or I know I will! Smiley Sad
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook & 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Solution? I just bought two more batteries...

OK, not a solution but rather an act of desperation...

Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Sorry you had to result to that. I just don't understand. I had no power problems with my bb bold 9000, or my bb Torch, but with this bb bold 9900 the battery just goes so fast. Now I keep my bb plug into a brick at work to get through the day. Smiley Sad Good luck!
Super Contributor
My Carrier: N NetCom

The battery sucks, yes, but I gotta say its still the best mobile I've ever had! The drawbacks with apple and android are in my opinion far greater than the 9900's battery. And I still believe some smart heads out there will find a solution to this sooner than later...