Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Chatr

BlackBerry 9900 Browser

Hi everyone,

How to activate internet browser on a BlackBerry 9900 so that to make possible to enter CNN.com, youtube, etc., and to fully navigat through the web.

Thanks a lot,

Jefay973

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry 9900 Browser

You need BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) on your monthly account to fully enjoy your BlackBerry phone. Chatr doesn't support BIS so you might be out of luck. You can try downloading the Opera Mini browser and maybe that will work because it doesn't use BIS.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Hi BillJ,

You are soooooo SMART :-)

How do you know I'm cheap, means I'm with Chatr, the cheapest phone services provider :-)

But in my house I'm able to get my BB connected to my Bell Canada internet service and I can surf on Facebook. Actually Youtube gives error message like ¨¨the navigator is blocj=ked¨¨.

Now that you understand my case, please give me instructions on how to have your ¨¨Opera¨¨ install and functional in my BB 9900. Can I have also Viber, Tango, Whatsapp or Instagram work with my BB 9900

Thanks a lot SMART BillJ

Jefay973

Highlighted
Contributor

Please read  ¨¨the navigator is blocked¨¨ instead of  ¨¨the navigator is blocj=ked¨¨.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: XL

try to open your browser and go to the www.youtube.com then change with desktop view