Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry App World additional support

markfrencken wrote:

About the "Unable to open App World (Upgrade service plan error)", I followed the link and discovered this was the same fix as Vodafone Blackberry support in the Netherlands has tried to fix my problem, did not work however.

To rule out any causes of problems, I would like comment on the following;

I have three selectable drop down boxes in the options/advanced/browser menu:

Default configuration of browser (selected Internet Browser)

Default configuration of MDS Browser (selected Internet Browser)

Default configuration of WAP Browser (can select either of Services and Vodafone live! WAP 2.0)

Can anyone tell me what these different default browsers represent??

regards,

Mark

Hi there!

This question is better suited to a different part of these forums as it does not apply to AppWorld (assuming the first part of your post is a statement rather than a question). I would suggest you search through any forum areas that seem applicable, choose one, and then post there.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

cpjohn1 wrote:

I'm having the same proglem, purchasing an application, but application world not recognizing the purchase.  But the message I get is "purchase not found".  However,  Paypal confirms the purchase.  Help please.

I'm using at&t curve 8900

application world .20

Thanks.

Hi there!

Your inquiry needs to be sent as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. Any other selection will simply route you back anonymously to these public forums. If you don't have an "Order Number" for that field, just use anything (e.g., "123456").

If the form responds telling you that your PIN is invalid, then please report that fact back here as there is a separate resolution path for that issue.

Cheers!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

sdgardne wrote:

markfrencken wrote:

About the "Unable to open App World (Upgrade service plan error)", I followed the link and discovered this was the same fix as Vodafone Blackberry support in the Netherlands has tried to fix my problem, did not work however.

To rule out any causes of problems, I would like comment on the following;

I have three selectable drop down boxes in the options/advanced/browser menu:

Default configuration of browser (selected Internet Browser)

Default configuration of MDS Browser (selected Internet Browser)

Default configuration of WAP Browser (can select either of Services and Vodafone live! WAP 2.0)

Can anyone tell me what these different default browsers represent??

regards,

Mark

Hi there!

This question is better suited to a different part of these forums as it does not apply to AppWorld (assuming the first part of your post is a statement rather than a question). I would suggest you search through any forum areas that seem applicable, choose one, and then post there.

Cheers!

His question does apply to Appworld. I have the same problem, since last Thursday. All other applications work fine, Vodafone Netherlands do not report any changes or problems on the Blackberry Network.

The message states when opening AppWorld :

Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details.

I have tried reinstalling the App World and un installing it first but both options haven't worked.

Have there been any changes in the App World since last week? Or do we need to bug our provider to look for problems on their end?

Hall of Famer III

Actually, my response was intended for the specific question asked by the poster:

• Can anyone tell me what these different default browsers represent??

Not an AppWorld question...

Contributor
My Device: 8520

There's another thread on this forum 'blackberry app world not working' - dozens or hundreds of users now have this same issue.  All the providers - Vodafone, O2, Orange etce etc are all saying that it's an RIM problem and that they can't do anything, RIM has to fix it.  A few have suggested solutions  such as deleting and reolading from Desktop Manager (didn't work for me and now App World's no longer accessible in Desktop Manager for me!) or deleting/reloading service books (most members recommended against this).

Everyone seems to have got the problem at the same time, since the end of last week.  There was an upgrade to 1.1.0.20, may be to do wtih that.  Can we download the previous version from anywhere?

New Contributor

Hello everyone,

if my information could be useful for you I discovered that if you have problems with the application world you can resedn the service book to your bb and after perform a hard reset in this way the application world will work correctlySmiley Wink

I hope to have gave to you a good advise Smiley Happy

have a nice day

Lory

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange uk

Tried the servicebook resend and hard reset and it only fixed the issue for 30 mins max

New Contributor

I have a BlackBerry 8300 and after I installed BB App World I installed an two apps and I have since deleted them but they are still shown up in the My World menu, how do I get rid of them off there? I have tried to uninstall BB App World and install again but it is still showing up!

Hall of Famer III

pandagreen13 wrote:

I have a BlackBerry 8300 and after I installed BB App World I installed an two apps and I have since deleted them but they are still shown up in the My World menu, how do I get rid of them off there? I have tried to uninstall BB App World and install again but it is still showing up!

Hi there!

In what state do they show up? MyWorld retains a record of your installations so that, for any that require payment, you can re-install them later without having to pay again.

Let us know!

New Contributor

I live in Minnesota