Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Singtel

BlackBerry App World problems

Hi, I'm new to BB as I just got this 9360 a couple days back. Still trying to get used to this new set but noticed that I'm unable to upgrade some stated softwares such as Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo Messenger and others on the device. The error message is always " There is an issue with BlackBerry App World. BlackBerry App World must now close."

Any suggestions or help how to solve this problem??????

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: BlackBerry App World problems

Hello !

Firstly do you have BlackBerry Interent Service (BIS) plan activated by your service provider?

If yes, then would recommend you to delete the BlackBerry App world and re-install.

For downloading App world again, kindly follow the steps mentioned below:

What you do is connect your BlackBerry Smartphone with USB cable to Internet enabled desktop/laptop.

Go to the link mentioned below:

On top right  of the page there is a option "Sign In".

Login with your BlackBerry ID and password.

From here you can download all as you do it for Appworld and also App World as well.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest there time on this Message anymore.

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9659
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry App World problems

Try turning off wifi. I was on a public guest wifi hotspot at work and kept getting the error. As soon as i turned off wifi it worked as it should.