Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8350i Smartphone
My Carrier: Nextel
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry App World

Whenever I try to download an instant messaging app from my blackberry a message pops up saying, "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country. Please check BlackBerry.com/appworld for updates."

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry App World

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Being on Nextel, you are in the US, right? Which means AW should be available. But, I'm curious about a few things:

1) Have you obtained other apps from AW just fine?

2) What exact version of AW are you running?

3) What happens when you do as the message instructs?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

yes i downloaded a game yesterday and it works just fine

i dont know what version it is but it is the latest one i just downloaded appworld yesterday

what do you mean what instruction?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

mavivar wrote:

yes i downloaded a game yesterday and it works just fine 

OK...so it's just (according to your first post) on some "instant messaging app"? Or all of them? Please be explicit...

mavivar wrote:

i dont know what version it is but it is the latest one i just downloaded appworld yesterday 

You can always look at the apps installed on your BB, including the version numbers, by following this:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

mavivar wrote:

what do you mean what instruction? 

Well, in your first post, you said:

mavivar wrote:

Whenever I try to download an instant messaging app from my blackberry a message pops up saying, "BlackBerry App World is not currently available in your country. Please check BlackBerry.com/appworld for updates."

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

yes i tried to different apps ( Touch and WhatsApp) and it said the same thing on both apps

alright i found it the version of my AW is 3.1.2.32

well i looked for an update and there seems to be no updatei checked through my bb as well and nothing

Hall of Famer III

mavivar wrote:

alright i found it the version of my AW is 3.1.2.32

well i looked for an update and there seems to be no updatei checked through my bb as well and nothing

That is the current version of AW, so that's not the root cause.

So, the error message is exactly as you said in your first post (e.g., AW is not available in your country...not that the app you are attempting to download is not available in your country?)? It's really a bit strange indeed, but we have a few more things to try...

I suggest that you clear the AppWorld application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3. Follow one (and only one!) of these steps:

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Touch Screen Only BBs -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3c. For newer (e,g., OS6 and 7) BB's, see this KB:

• KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

4. AppWorld should close.

5. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

6. Return to AppWorld > My World (it may be sluggish while it re-synchronizes). Depending on your BB OS level, you may or may not have to re-validate your BB ID credentials.

If step (4) does not happen as listed, then the clear cache did not work.

Now try and download those apps again...

It's entirely possible that your data plan from your carrier does not allow those apps, but somehow that fact is causing AW to present you with that strange message...carriers have lots of different mixes of data plans that have lots of different mixes of available BIS-level services (e.g., email but NO Social Networks). AW cannot determine which level plan you have from your carrier and only can tell that you have a BIS level plan...so it presents you all the apps that are available, even potentially some that actually won't work with your specific data plan. This, however, is just a theory at the moment...

New Contributor

mm..i tried it twice and it still didn't work :/ 

Hall of Famer III

Well, you skipped over my confirmation question in my last post...oh well...here's my next guess...

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts.

Next, please try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB (Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications) -- if it requests that you reboot the BB, do so.

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot as described above.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

• Again, if it requests to reboot, do so.

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Failing that, it's down to my theory...and to test that, you need to contact your mobile service provider to ensure that the exact data plan you are on should enable these apps to download and install. If so, they they (your carrier) needs to resolve it via formal channels, which can include escalation into RIM if they cannot solve it. There is no other path by which to obtain support from RIM...only via escalation from your carrier can that be received.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Thank you now i can download the apps without a problem 

Hall of Famer III

You are most welcome...enjoy!