Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Bold 4 Blinking Lights

I left my BlackBerry Bold in my glove compartment this past weekend, where the battery on it ran out.  When I came back to my car and attempted to charge it I get one red light, followed by three red lights.  This pattern repeats itself over and over and I can't start the phone.  I've tried to connect it to my car charger, pc, and also the wall outlet and all show the same behavior.  My PC in fact can't even detect that the BlackBerry is connected.  I haven't seen anyone else on here reporting this problem (in connection with the four blinking lights pattern).

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: BlackBerry Bold 4 Blinking Lights

Have you also tried removing thed battery for 30 seconds and replacing it to see if the device reboots?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Yes I've tried that.  I've left the battery out over night in fact (I've also tried charging it over night).  Still just get that same blinking pattern when it's connected.
Elite I

Sounds like something happened to the OS. May have to end up using JL_Cmdr to reload your OS

http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

I run into the same problem, the OS can't detect the device so I can't wipe it.  I even tried doing the additional steps to detect it but USB doesn't show up in the loader.
Elite I

I've heard of having to try several times using this utility until it connects. All I can receommed is to keep trying and eventually it will connect and wipe allowing you to reload the OS. Let me know how it goes.
New Contributor

Thanks for your help, the most I get is "unknown device" when it's connected and that it can't start...which is infrequently.  Usually, there's just no connection.

I think this phone might now be a paper weight.

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9700

I have the exact same problem, i was using my phone the other day and the screen just turned white but functioned normally. the next day the phone switched off and wouldnt come back on, it blinks four red lights. i have tried everything from battery pulls to attempting to update the OS while connecting it to my PC, but the problem is everytime it is connected to the computer it then disconnects. I am going mad. I have very important information on this phone and dont mind throwing it away as long as i have all the info, can someone help me with this?

Thanks

Mark

Contributor
My Device: Q10, Bold 9000, Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone, TIM, Orange

Same problem here. Four blinking lights and dead device. I would expect for blackberry support to have those kind of answers, because number of blinks means something and somebody put it there with a reason, it's not a random thing.....

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

yes i also faced such problem..for this u have to plug and charge with the electric charger when your battery is completely out of charge..USB and other source wont work..also give some time to charge and it will recover automatically.