Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Bold 9000 error sending SMS

For some reason when I attempted to send a text message, I get the following error message "Radio is off, message cannot be sent. You will only be able to save draft". Everytime I try to send a text message, I get the same message. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?  I have only had the phone for a week, and have had nothing but problems. I took the first phone back and they replaced it with a new one. Now this problem... Thanks for your help.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9000 error sending SMS

Did you try a battery pull?  (This is the most common suggestion given when problems arise & seems to work most of the time.)  While the phone is on, take off the back cover and pull out the battery for about a minute, then reinsert it and wait for the phone to come back on, then try sending a text message.  See if it works.  If not and you continue to have problems, I'd go back to the store where you got it & request a new one.  I hope this helps.

Rosa

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9000 error sending SMS

Fixed the problem.  When it says "The radio is off", it means that the "connection" was changed to a different, disconnected source. I turned back on by selecting "Manage Connections"  and clicked the "Mobile Network" and everything worked again...  God knows how that got turned off... ha ha

The one thing I have learned from this forum is that "removing the battery" appears to fix everything... ha ha  Would you call that a "glitch", I would.....