Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Traditional and Simplified Chinese Language Support – Very Easy

I found the solution here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-9700-smartphone/Can-t-update-operating-system...

It turns out that you have to search for all the "vendor.xml" files on your C:\ drive using "search" and that's what I did. I deleted all "vendor.xml" files that I could find. and then using the loader and I'm so glad that I've already upgraded my blackberry bold 9700 OS so that now I can use chinese input language whenever I type. I hope this will help you guys. Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: 3 Australia

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Traditional and Simplified Chinese Language Support – Very Easy

I am also facing the same problem!! does anyone have a solution to this? Its too weird the new media player does not support chinese while all other functions supports and previous bold 9000 running v4.6 device software had no problems with chinese..

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

http://yolearnchinese.com/archives/blackberry-chinese-input-method-support

I DID IT! got chinese simplified and traditional input and font installed.

My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: O2

Hi Misura,

I bought my BB BOLD 9700 in UK and I wanna read chinese emails and web pages. I found your post and I followed the intruction to install the desktop manager and all.

However, I went into the application loader, and all that appears was the applications I have in my BB, I do not see anything like East Asian Character and Font Support?

Did i missed anything? How come?

Please advice. Thanks!

My Carrier: T Mobile

Hi, I just download the link that you gave me.

From the Main Menu I clicked Application Loader and there are two menus showing.

Add/Remove applications and update software.

What do I have to click to find the East Asian Character and font support.

I have clicked everywhere but can't find it. Smiley Sad

Please let me know.. I need it desperately.

Thank you for your help.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

I was able to have Trad & Simp. Chinese font & input installed on my 9700.

The problem i'm having is sending & receiving chinese SMS, the receiver gets w���q, and I get ???

I found a solution that suggested using MMS, and send & receive chinese characters works.

But I would like to find a fix for the SMS problem. Please help

thanks

did a sms from pc's Yahoo Messenger, & sending & receiving chinese text works. even more confused now

New Contributor
My Carrier: owner

Hello,

I am bought a BB Bold 9700 in The Netherlands...i want to setup Chinese language for surfing on the web and read mine sms and emails...i tried to follow setup...from the HK CSL site...but i can't find those input for Chinese or something....in the list by the application loader....how come?????

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: CSL

Hi Dear, I try to follow your instructions on my Bold, it can input the Simplimfied Chinese and Read.

But I found that, the funny thing is.

For example

I got a mail which is simplified chinese, but it can't show the real text (it showed !@@##$%^&, like this)

When I forward it out and someone reply to me, it back to normal (I can read the simplified chinese)

Do you know why?

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

It's very good post.

I followed this post and made my BB support Chinese Input method. Thanks a lot.

After upgrade, my BB OS version become v5.0.0.423 from v5.0.0.330

rock

New Contributor
My Carrier: owner

Hi,

I followed your instructions at page 4....many times but i can't change it in chinese setting...and i tried to deleted the Vendor.XML but after that i click everywhere but no chinese,....help me pls....

BB Bold 9700

v.5.0.0.344 (Platform 5.1.0.96)

Thx alot