Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Traditional and Simplified Chinese Language Support – Very Easy

Hi MisurA, thank you for your post. I did everything exactly following your instruction to download and install device software, and everything was done smoothly. I could see Chinese character in Chinese based website and I can input Chinese word in my BB9700, however

1. I can't read the Chinese character in my emails (hotmail) that sent from others in my BB 9700. But I really can read it at computer. It displayed ????? In my device.

2. I can input Chinese using Pinyin simplified Chinese and send off by device via hotmail but it showed irrecognizable character in both device and computer when I check it.

Could you please let me know what happens with it? Is it software problem? Device problem? or others?

Thank you for your time

Shihe

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: orange

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 Traditional and Simplified Chinese Language Support – Very Easy

haaaaaai. i also have a mac and the previously posted software downloads are only for pc users. anybody have any suggestions for where or how to download software to a mac for the bb bold 9700. 

i current dont know how to view any other language characters or input them. 

thank you in advance Smiley Happy

Visitor
My Carrier: T mobile

hi,, thanks for sharing the post. i did all the step, now i can read all asian font, and i also installes the korean input language support. But i cant use it because it ask for activation key. can someone help me? TT-TT

thanks before

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi Shihe,

I had the same problem as well. This will occur if you try to view hotmail through the blackberry's browser.   What I ended up doing was adding hotmail as another email account to the phone. Setup->Manage Internet Email.  

It makes it easier to check hotmail on the Blackberry and the Chinese will appear correctly.

I have no idea why it won't show up through the browser on the blackberry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700

I have done all the step but I can't make the installation for input language asian appear!!

I have selected the CJK.alx app but it said that it's ot suitable for my device. what should i do?

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I am having problems installing the Chinese fonts on my new BB 9700. I have downloaded the fonts and installed them on my labtop.

I have go to "Application Loader" in the "Desktop Manager"

But the "East Asain Character and font Support" is NOT there.

I have tried to install it 3 times and tried to download and install other versons of it but still nothing.

Can you please help me.

David

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

i have the same problem as david does

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

This worked for me. I saw this a while ago and put off the install because I did not have time. But now I can write e-mail in Japanese on my T-Mobile provider 9700. I am stoked. Smiley Happy

My Device: Not Specified

Hi

MisurA
Contributor
Hope this message reaches you; just want to say thanks to you for posting that, and that Google search put it on the first hit.  I have been trying to do something so my blackberry 9700 could show Chinese characters.  Should have done the Google search before my June trip to China and have it downloaded.  I was spending lots of time searching on internet and asking T Mobile stores but to no avail until I just did a "casual" search on Google one hour ago.   with so much going on in China, can't be without being able to view Chinese characters on my blackberry.
Anyway, Many, many thanks

OMG!

IT WORKS!!!!!

THANKS A LOT!!!!

I'M APPRICIATED..!!!