Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile NL

BlackBerry Bold 9700 doesn't connect

Hi,

I just got my BB Bold 9700, but I already managed to make a problem. I disconnected it without safely ejecting it. Now it only charges through USB and it doesn't connect to sync.

Does anyone know how to make this work again?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9700 doesn't connect

Daniel, Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

Have you tried a complete shut down of the Mac, and restart, as well as a reboot on the BlackBerry device?

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile NL

Thanks for your welcome and your post! I did try a complete shut down and a reboot of the BlackBerry device. 

It doesn't work. I guess I did something really wrong with disconnecting... But the device is still charging through USB. 

Contributor
My Device: 9900 - 7.1.0.258
My Carrier: T-Mobile D

I have the same Problem.

I use mac 10.6.2 and the current version Mac DM. I use the BB9700.

The bold is not detect on my mac pro with destopmanager. It´s not working.

We have repair the permissions on the macosx, then reboot, but its not working.

BlackBerry Bold 9900 | 7.1.0.258 |T-Mobile DE
Complete Mobile L, Blackberry Flat, I´m Blackberry and Mac addict.
I love it..
Contributor
My Device: 9900 - 7.1.0.258
My Carrier: T-Mobile D

I have found the Solution, And I will share i.

The solution is: rosetta & the Desktopmanager. Its importand that rosetta ist not startin with Desktopmanager for mac. You can check this in finder - program - right click on blackberry Desktopmanager symbol - information - the delete the arrow - with help rosseta starting.

then u need a reboot from your macsystem.

Then connect your device with the mac and open the bb desktopmanager.

the second thing is: I have installed paralel pocket mac.

Workaround is:

uninstall pocketmac

uninstall blackberry desktopmanager

reboot

new install blackberry desktopmanager

BlackBerry Bold 9900 | 7.1.0.258 |T-Mobile DE
Complete Mobile L, Blackberry Flat, I´m Blackberry and Mac addict.
I love it..
My Carrier: ATT

This is quite confusing.  I tried the solution but to no avail.  Has anyone solved this problem of getting the Blackberry Bold 9700 to be recognized by the Mac so that one can sync?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

I'm also having a problem getting my AT&T 9700 to connect. The phone will charge but DM 1.0.2 will not detect the phone. My prior T-Mobile 9700 would connect without a problem. I had DM forget that device and still no luck. I can enable mass storage mode and it functions fine.

I use WIndows 7 x64/Bootcamp to update my device which the phone is detected and can sync with, but I'd rather use Mac OS to sync with.

I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.3. When I synced the T-Mobile 9700, I was using 10.6.2. I have since uninstalled DM and reinstalled, wiped my device and reinstalled the handheld software, and I'm at a loss. Any suggestions? Thanks.

My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hey,

this is my first post here but I still might help you. I had the exact same issue with my Bold 9700 on my MacBook Pro recently (I believe it might have been since I upgraded the Mac OS to 10.6.3 but I'm not entirely sure - at least that was when I came across this issue).

I tried everything. Repaired the disk permissions of the Mac, reseted the PRAM, uninstalled the BB Desktop Manager, rebooted the Mac and installed the DM again and again, yet the Software never recognized my Bold 9700 again. I even re-installed the whole Mac OS X but the problem ironically remained UNTIL I tried installing a previous (older) version of the BB Desktop Manager for Mac. 

Well actually I downloaded version 1.0.0, I think, and uninstalled the existing DM on my Macbook with THAT .dmg file (the one from the 1.0.0 version of the DM), then restarted my Mac and re-installed the DM from the same .dmg file.

I have absolutely no idea why that 'solution' worked for me but it did! After that I upgraded the DM again to the most recent version (1.0.2 build 8) and it still works now. So basically re-installing the DM via an older version than the one installed on my system did the trick for me after all.

Feel free to try it on your own - and if it helped you as well, please comment here Smiley Happy

Fingers crossed Smiley Wink

Cheers!

F.

Visitor
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Disconnected Desktop Manager 9700

hi

XP Pro SP3 BB 9700 Desktop Manager 5.0.1

I am having trouble with BB Sync. Desktop manager shows Disconnect with none in the PID for the USB port.

If I look in the BB Device manger I see that the BB is connected to the USB Port (and I can connect thru Blue tooth). I can also connect and sync thru the BB media manager.

This would indicate that the BB and computer are finding each other however I still cannot sync thru Desktop manager.

I have try the reboot PC, take battery out of the BB, kill the BB task in Task Manager, Trouble shoot in Windows device manager solution and still are unable to sync with the Desktop manager.

The sync first didn't work with the software that came with the device. So i downloaded and on stall 5.0.1 Desktop manager. Still didn't work. Then magically worked. Now doesn't work.

This seems to be a common problem across platforms. Does anyone does anyone know of any fixed from the Blackberry people?

Kind Regards

Regular Visitor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: kr1.8

My phone usb not connecting to my desktop computer and I can't change my app to pros