03-13-2011 11:38 PM
BlackBerry Bold 9780 T-Mobile Version 6.0 Bundle 2115
BlackBerry Desktop Software Version 188.8.131.52 Bundle 21
(1) I went to http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/sub
(2) There is pre-installed junk advertisement software on my BlackBerry. I want to remove the junk, not hide the icons. TeleNav is a perfect example. So, silly me, I pressed the icon and it wants $10 a month to give me Navigation which I declined. Instead, I have loaded LifeInPocket, which is free and provides the same app. In fact, it works with Google Talk and Google Maps. How do I remove TeleNav ?
(3) T-Mobile TV is an app on my BlackBerry. Am I to understand that if I am at a football game and want to watch the replays, that that costs me $10 a month to have that app work ? They have got to be kidding me.
(4) How do I find out if the apps on my BlackBerry are the most current release of the apps ? It does not appear to me that BlackBerry Desktop Software does that. I have all kinds of apps such as Poynt, Gmail, BlackBerry App World, etc and would like to know if my apps are up-to-date.
(5) I am having a seriously hard time with OS on these 4 opening folders. In the User Guide, mentioned above
BlackBerry 9780 Smartphone User Guide Version 6.0 SWDT643442-941426-0128013204-001
It says in the last paragraph on Page 25 highlight the folder, click BlackBerry key and rename it. That is not the case. I don't care for these 4 folders, at all. I want all icons in 1 folder, and then I want to be able to move icons out of there to a secondary folder, for example. And, I do not want 4 folders. I also would like to be able to move icons from 1 folder to another.
(6) Visual Voice Mail is an app which I cannot delete, says required, yet every attempt to turn it on, does not work.
(7) It says in the User Guide that I can make a contact, FAVORITE by clicking add to FAVORITE, and that does not work like the User Guide says either.
(8) I was told for all this time that v184.108.40.2060 would have COLUMN VIEW as it is on OS5 on my BlackBerry 9700. I still might get this back out of the drawer and use it, because I cannot read the WebPages on the Internet yet. Example : http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-re
10-30-2011 04:32 PM - edited 10-30-2011 04:34 PM
Point eight is exactly on the point. My biggest dissapointment after purchase of Blackberry Bold 9900 OS7. Opera Mini works well as a substitute, but it is not possible to make it a default browser and for me not alawys awailable as a choice of browser when pressing on a link either.