06-29-2014 08:25 AM
Hello, i have BlackBerry Bold 9870. I don't know the cause of the problem, i have been using it for 4/5 years from now.
I read in few posts that it has something to do with Java.
This is what it shows:
Black berry Platform:188.8.131.52
uncaught exception : Javalang.nullpointer ecxeption
App error 606
I download the destop version i.e.,
BlackBerry Support Desktop Software v7.1.0 B42 (Multilanguage).exe
But still it doesn't show anything in the BB Support Desktop software.
Can anyone suggest something besides this.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-29-2014 08:45 AM
Here is what BlackBerry says about that error:
Here's what I would do:
First, I'd try booting in safe mode. Remove the battery. While holding the back key insert the battery. Continue to hold the back key for another 20 seconds and then let go. Does it work in safe mode?
If that doesn't work I'd do a Clean OS reload:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
07-03-2014 09:41 AM
07-03-2014 09:42 AM