Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Bold 9900 - Battery

Good day,

I have a BlackBerry Bold 9900, for nearly two years now. It is a great phone. It always appears stylish and it is never out of touch.

However, recently it started giving problems. It would be fully charged and when I'm driving to work, the battery will drain while I'm on my way to work, not even a half hour since I took it off from charge. I thought it may be the charger, so I got a new one. But now it is even worse. I cannot even take it off from charge or it will switch off and try to start up again with no success. It repeatedly tries to turn itself back on, but halfway through loading on the start-up screen, it would turn off again and repeat the same cycle.

I really like this phone and feel it can do so much more for me, so I don't want to dispose of it at this moment.

Might it be the battery that is at the end of it's lifetime? Or is there a problem with the operating system or software?

I would appreciate any response and advice.

Thank you in advance!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9900 - Battery

WernandSwart wrote:

Might it be the battery that is at the end of it's lifetime? 

That's probably the case.  A typical Li-Ion battery (which is what BlackBerry devices use) will have about 300-500 charging cycles in its lifetime.  If you're a typical user and charge it every day (even just topping it up), you can see that it's good for about 1-2 years.  I would exchange your battery before doing anything else about it.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTN

Thank you so much for your advice! I bought a new battery today and now it's working like new! Smiley Happy
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Another happy customer! Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.