Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

BlackBerry Bold 9900

My problem is that when I plug in my BlackBerry it restarts itself. Ive only used it for 3 months..
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

When you plug it into what? A wall charger? Your computer USB? Are you using the OEM item (charger, USB cord) of whichever it is?

More details, please...thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telstra

Im using the original charger for blackberry and it restarts when i plug it in from wall charger and also to the PC.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

In which case, that sounds to me (there can be nothing close to a 100% diagnosis at an internet distance with limited information) like a hardware problem with the device itself...a shorted wire or something. As such, you need now to seek formal warranty support, which you seek from either your original place of purchase or an authorized service center -- I do not have any way to know the terms and methods of your specific warranty, but that is what I believe you now need.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................