Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Bold Message Indicator Shows 3 Messages "But There Are No Unopend Messages"

Hello everyone I’m new to this whole BlackBerry experience and it’s been challenging.

At the top of my BlackBerry Bold the “unopened” messages indicator shows 3 messages. No email or sms icon’s show any messages received. I also checked my computer & no messages. I have also taken the battery in and out but the message indicator is still there…what am I missing…

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: BlackBerry Bold Message Indicator Shows 3 Messages "But There Are No Unopend Messages"

Check if you don't have any saved messages, go to applications folder, and check in saved messages, let me know
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Bold Message Indicator Shows 3 Messages "But There Are No Unopend Messages"

There are "no messages" in my saved messages applications folder.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Go to the messages application
hit menu button, then select Search. Yo get to the "search messages" page.
select Type: "All" and Show: "Unopened Only"
hit menu, then select "Search" : you then have all the unread mail/SMS/PIN/MMS/Missed Calls etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor

That was brilliant! "But" on each message the status was opened! so why did I have a message indicator?

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I had the same problem and this thread helped me out. But I have this question:

Why do I get a message every time I miss a call? Can I turn that off? Do I have to delete them manually? Can't I see who called in a different way?

I'm totally new to this (obviously) so any help appreciated!

My Device: BlackBerry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: BlackBerry Bold Message Indicator Shows 3 Messages "But There Are No Unopened Messages"

Hi opulent1.... I am having the same exact problem as you (tho, mine only does it for SMS Smiley Happy). I have looked everywhere(BBM,email,VM,Missed Call, SMS,MMS) and found no "unread" messages I even deleted all SMS messages, to make sure. But the icon/indicator still shows that I have messages. The rebooting worked, but I don't want to keep on rebooting my phone to make the indicator disappear. (I have BB Tour, OS5.0.0.491..?)...

All the help will be very much appreciated.... Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Bold Message Indicator Shows 3 Messages "But There Are No Unopened Messages"

Yea I had the same problem and here is the fix:

Go to Options icon -> Phone Options -> Call Logging -> For "Show These call Log Types in Message List" select "None".

I had the same thing and I remember actually changing the setting on this, but I don't like that setting because the icon never clears... or at least I never figured out how to clear it so it was just rather annoying.

New Contributor

Did it work for you? Stars would be nice Smiley Happy

My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

This solution did not work for me on a Tour 9630 - still showing the unread messages indicator when none can be found by search or other means, after rebooting etc.