Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Bold connecting to WiFi, Provisioning WiFi

It seems I can connect easily to just about any WiFi network except my home network.  I have a Linksys Wireless dual band N Router (model WRT610N, Version 1).  My Bold can see the home WiFi network and, when commanded to connect, asks me to enter a "PIN" into the "Wireless Access Point."  It gives me four minutes to do so.  Have been unsuccessful in determining what my Bold is asking, I called Linksys.  Linksys confirms that my Router is my Wireless Access Point but there is no way to enter a PIN into the router.  Their advice was to call BB for an alternative solution.  Linksys suggests that I enter the Linksys router (8 digit) PIN somewhere onto the BB Bold.  They don't know how to do this.  I hate to disturb the Tech guys for this little problem but I cannot find a solution on the Support Community Forum.  Any ideas?

My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Bold connecting to WiFi, Provisioning WiFi

There's another thread on this:
Blackberry Bold - Wi Fi "Failed to associate with the network" connection issue

Try the "Manually Add Network" feature instead of scanning for networks. It worked for my Storm, and it seems to have worked for the ppl in the other thread.