Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Case Affects Storm

The BlackBerry Storm  screen light turns off immediately if the back of the Storm rests against the magnet closure of  the Swivel Holster.   I have to wonder if that magnet affects other things when the Storm is in the case.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: BlackBerry Case Affects Storm

no, it is only designed to put the phone in a low power "sleep" mode.

You can also set the phone to vibrate only when its in the case or

hang up from a call when placed in case.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

Has anyone seen any correlation between their phone freezing and having it in the BB case?

I have noticed that my phone seems to freeze more often when I'm pulling it out of the case.  Today I pulled it out and the screen froze in a "snowy" image.  I could do nothing other than pull the battery.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

dal553 wrote:

Has anyone seen any correlation between their phone freezing and having it in the BB case?

I have noticed that my phone seems to freeze more often when I'm pulling it out of the case.  Today I pulled it out and the screen froze in a "snowy" image.  I could do nothing other than pull the battery.

i have the horizontal bb oem case, and i have 0 issues, works great!  the only time my phone froze was out side of the case.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

The battery is placed there for that specific reason to put your BB to sleep when it is in the case.
My curve came with a factory case and it had the magnet in it.
I bough a case from verizon for my storm and it was made specifically for the BB storm and it has a magnet in it.
I have never had any issues with either case.
Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

Seems some are starting to find a link between having the BB in the case and getting BlackBerry Instant Messages.  Pulling it out of the case has frozen my BB many times...  I just never made the connection.  Just happened again to me today.  What tipped me off was the screen froze with the message I received still visible.  (Other times, I cannot say this happened.)

Anyway - check out this thread for a few more details.