Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9380
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

BlackBerry Cruve 9380 corrupt/damaged invisible images/folders?

I have a Curve 9380 and in September of last year i went to 2 concerts the day after one another and used my BlackBerry as my camera for both nights. On the first night I took 46 images and on the second night I took 106 images. A few weeks after the shows I decided to place the images into seperate folders on my phone so I could access them easier and also so I could know which photos were from which concert easier.

All was fine up until around mid-december when iI turned my phone on one day and both folders of images had completely dissappeared, the folders were not there, the images were not there and the images had not gone back into my camera folder either. I have tried every solution I have seen online and nothing had worked.

However, about a month later, the folders of images re-appeared on my device with the correct names and correct number of files in each folder. However, the image files are there but are not visible; when i open each folder I can see just blank thumbnails with smaller default image thumbnails in the middle (the usual Green hills. blue sky and sunshine cartoon like images). The number of files are all correct in each folder but each image has exactly the same thumbnail and when i press on each thumbnail to view the photo in full, it just shows me a blank, black photo with a small black and white thumbnail (same as described previously but in black and white) in the middle of the screen.

I have the same problem with every file in each of the 2 folders, I have tried formatting the card before the 2 folders re-appeared and nothing happened and I have also tried accessing the images and folders through plugging my device and card into a computer and that hasn't worked either.

So at this moment in time I have 2 folders with the correct amount of image files in each but no way of actually accessing and viewing them, these photos are really important to me and I would love to know if there is a way of getting them back in full.