Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

BlackBerry Curve 8330 Turn email on and off.

I need to figure out how to turn my email on and off my Curve 8330. Does anyone know how to do this? I average about 150 emails a day and if I'm sitting in front of my computer I would rather not have them going to my blackberry too! Is there anyway I can just turn it off?

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8330 Turn email on and off.

Unfortunately no. There is no way to turn off your email delivery. Depending on what email it is your using. you may be able to block them via your firewall in your security options. but thats not really a fix.

Sorry, its unfortunately not an option to turn it off.

Is your email setup to wirelessly reconcile your messages?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8330 Turn email on and off.

[ Edited ]

If you do not have any email filters set up then the following procedure should stop the device receiving emails without deleting the email account and without turning off Data Services altogether:

Setup->Email Accounts->Internet Mail Account->(Account)->Filters->When no filters apply: Do not forward messages to the device->Save

Unfortunately after clicking Save you then have to enter your email password to confirm the change

Turning email back on is almost the same but choose the other Filter option instead:

Setup->Email Accounts->Internet Mail Account->(Account)->Filters->When no filters apply: Forward messages to the device->Save

Hope that helps, even though its about 2 years after you posted your question...