Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Curve 8900 and the Exchange Server (((((PLEASE help me)))))

Dears, I am new to the BlackBerry world, and I just got my BB Curve 8900 last night, well I’m very familiar with other iPhone, Nokia& Windows Mobile.. I managed to push my gmail to my device, WOW it’s very nice, but trying to do so for my work mail!!! BAD LUCK They use Exchange Server, we do have web access but through SSL, so even so can’t push it to my device, some forums were talking about the desktop redirector, I install it on my PC (I can’t touch our server of course, even our IT will never listen to my request); having the latest Desktop Manager and the latest Desktop redirector, working with Outlook 2007& Vista OS. 

I keep all of them running while trying everything, but always getting an Status: NO PIN in the Desktop Redirector window? I have the following Q’s please.. 

1-      Is there is any S/W that I should install on our server? If so, it means it’s OVER for me and it’s BAD LUCK.

2-      Why I can’t get my work email although of following the same procedures described in the installation guide? 

Please advice, your input is really appreciated. 

Regards,

Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8900 and the Exchange Server (((((PLEASE help me)))))

Hello DoRiMe,

A good alternative to useing Desktop Redirector, which limits functionality, would be to setup your email account via Outlook web Access if available. Here is a KB article on how to do so:

How to associate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email account with a BlackBerry Internet Service account

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03133 

Hope that helps! 

New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Curve 8900 and the Exchange Server (((((PLEASE help me)))))

Thank you very much for your input, but: our company is using https://............

I mean we are getting OWA through secure server, and I tried the same installation process but also NO LUCK?? 

Kindly suggest another workaround or so? as I need to access my email remotely.. again I appreciate your input, meanwhile I'm encouraging others to H E L P... 

Regards,