Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone IN
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Curve 9300 Problem

Hello, I own a BlackBerry Curve 9300 with OS 6. Everything was working fine with the device, no problem at all, but a few days ago suddenly my device got switched off while the battery was still 80 % charged, when I connected it to the charger, something strange happened. The onscreen charging indicator was showing that the battery was getting charged but actually the battery was not getting charged at all. I tried changing the battery, I even tried changing the charger but no luck. Need help!!!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520 - 9300/20 - Torch - Bold - Galaxy S4 mini and FRANK-EN-PHONE!!!
My Carrier: O2

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9300 Problem

When plugged into the wall charger does your BB power up, show charging battery icon only or show a battery icon with a red line/cross through it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Olny two tihgns mtater wehn cmospnoig a BBm mssaege.... as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteres of a wrod are in the rghit pacle, the biarn wlil siltl rcoeginse the wrod... So mcuh for seplclhcek!!!"
New Contributor

No, it shows that the battery is getting charged but when I go to the Battery status tab into Device status and information the battery level doesn't increase at all. I put the phone in charging for about four hours and the battery was still at 1% only!!!!!!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520 - 9300/20 - Torch - Bold - Galaxy S4 mini and FRANK-EN-PHONE!!!

Okay then,

To further troubleshoot your problem, if you have access to another BB device then try your battery and charger in that device and see what happens. This will either highlight or eliminate your battery and charger as the problem.

If your battery states only 1% charged, then leave it powered on whilst disconnected from charger and see how long it lasts before powering off.

It's one of those process of elimination problems I'm afraid. And it WILL drive you mad!

Good luck, and let us know the results.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Olny two tihgns mtater wehn cmospnoig a BBm mssaege.... as lnog as the frist and lsat ltteres of a wrod are in the rghit pacle, the biarn wlil siltl rcoeginse the wrod... So mcuh for seplclhcek!!!"
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well unfortunately I don't have another BB, so can't check my battery or charger but I have inserted another battery just to check, and to my surprise it was the same thing with that other battery too! It wasn't getting charged at all, I even changed the charger but the same result, couldn't charge the battery. Oh and as soon as I remove the charger it says 'Battery Drained Shutting Down the Device'.

Contributor

Thanks for the extra info. I had a similar issue with my 9300, I first noticed when the charger/usb lead was connected to phone there was excess play in the lead. When I connected to laptop the connection would constantly drop in and out. After closer inspection upon removing the case I noticed a couple of the tiny prongs that attach the charger/usb port to the PCB of the phone were corroded making little or no contact. It eventually snapped off all together and cost £25 to repair.

To eliminate or confirm this as your problem, before taking your BB apart there are a couple of things you could try.

1) Connect it to a laptop or PC via a usb. Through your control panel (on PC) set 2 different alert sounds, 1 for connecting a device and 1 for disconnecting a device to the PC and see if it's dropping in and out on it's own.

2) If you have one, use a universal plug-in battery charger. Remove your battery and charge it independently from your BB. When/if it charges pop it back in and see what charge it has.

Good Luck

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh!!!! This was happening since a few weeks, whether I charge the battery with a wall charger or from my laptop via USB cable, sometimes it suddenly stopped charging & then I had to disconnect the device and reconnect it to start the charging process again, So, this was the actual reason and I thought there is something wrong with either the charger or the USB cable that I am using. So, £25 that means if we convert it to INR it will be 2500 INR. Perhaps I should buy a new BlackBerry instead, what do you thinkSmiley Wink Anyways thank you very much for your help.Smiley Happy

Contributor

It does sound like a problem with the charger port itself. Sorry, I was quoting a repair cost in the UK of £25 which will no doubt vary greatly in this country, so can't really say how much the repair or replacement BB will cost you.

You can get a universal wall charger from eBay (follow link below) which will at least allow you to use your BB, but connection to a laptop will still be problematic

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?clk_rvr_id=602858599007&_nkw=universal+battery+charger&_dcat=123417&T...

Hope this helps, and as always... Good Luck

New Contributor

Thanks for the help & I think I am going to for a new BlackBerry. Smiley Happy Thank you for all the help.

Contributor

No problem...