Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Three
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Curve 9320 Battery

I was reading up on my phone earlier and i saw that it said the 9320 had one of the ebst batteries? I seem to disagree seeing as mine last's about 6 hours? 

Whats wrong with it? Faulty? Don't charge for long enough?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9320 Battery

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

When it comes to battery time, there is no "normal". Each user has a unique set of voice usage, data usage, and other things that demand an amount of resource, including battery power. So, the thing to do is find what is "normal for you" in this regard, and then deal with things when they deviate from that. Trying to compare battery life to others is not as valid as you might think.

But, that said, 6 hours seems short. One "normal" condition is to need to charge once per day, usually while you sleep -- this is pretty normal for all. More frequent than that is certainly possible if someone uses their device a lot...but, again, "normal for you" is a measure only you can determine.

If you suspect your battery, they try another one to see if anything different happens. Also, try your battery in a different BB and see what happens. It is entirely possible that you are leaving a ton of resource hogging apps running in background, and that is drawing down your battery quickly. It is also possible that you have a defective app running which is causing this. Many things for you to check, in deep, to determine if 6 hours is indeed "normal for you".

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9320 Battery

Hi laurxn,

Welcome to the BB Community...

See, normally any BB battery charge lasts for 1-2 days(depending upon the use)...

Press the BB button n keep it pressed for 2 seconds, this will show the apps that r running in background...normally apps like Home,Call records,Browser,BBM n Messages should be there, besides these if there r any other apps, close them...Apps running in background consumes battery...

Check out this sites:

with regards
simply abhik...
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up...
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html