06-04-2013 05:48 PM
I have a BlackBerry Curve 9360.
At one point the trackpad started having difficulty in clicking.
Then one day it completely stopped clicking.
It scrolls up and down and left and right, but does not click.
I have tried:
- a battery pull (about 50 of them)
- a device whipe (3 of those)
- a software downgrade (two of those in combination with a device whipe)
- replacing the trackpad (3 different trackpads which can all click but not scroll?!)
Please help me with this issue.
Thanks a bunch!
06-07-2013 02:55 PM
Welcome to the forums.
Based on the information you provided I would have to say that this is a hardware issue and because the trackpad has been replace the warranty is most likely void. The best option would be to take the device to a local repair shop to see if they are able to get the issue corrected.
06-28-2013 05:21 AM
Thank you for your reply.
I don't think it's a hardware issue do to the fact:
- current trackpad --> scrolls but doensn't click
- new trackpads --> doesn't scroll but clicks
I have taken my device to two local repair shops but after telling him everything that I have tried, they were clueless on how to help me.
As I suspect this to be a software issue.
Perhaps could you advise me on how to 'clean' my blackberry.
Maybe some earlier installed application has left some 'dirt' on my phone.