Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9380
My Carrier: Virgin

BlackBerry Curve 9380, notification icons disappeared ?

Hi, I bought the BlackBerry Curve 9380, the tactile one a few days ago.
It had to update the latest version of the BlackBerry App World and then reboot. Since then, at the top of my screen I don't get Facebook, Twitter.. Notifications. Before the update, I had little icons in the notification bar where I would receive the notifications. I've been searching online to try and find a way to get it back but I can't seem to find anything, other than people saying that I have to delete Facebook and then re install it. I deleted Facebook and re installed it but now I can't log into Facebook, it says "We are unable to reach the Facebook server at this time (0)". I'm not receiving Twitter notifications either, not even as an e mail. I thought about doing a Security Wipe and it might be as if I never updated App World seeing as I think it's because of that, but I'm not sure if it will work.
Can some one please help me ? Thanks.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9380, notification icons disappeared ?

Hi Cath-M and welcome to the forums!

Please verify what version of device OS you are running on the Curve 9380

Open the message queue>select compose (any type)> scroll to the first line of the body of the message (where Hello usually goes)> type myver > press space. You will have the device model number and the device OS version.

I read your thread on the Crackberry forum did you clear the App World cache as suggested?

Have you uninstalled Facebook or Twitter since your post there?

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB24714 How to clear the BlackBerry App World cache

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi ! Thanks so much for answering me.
I've been trying to get answers for a few days! I've tried loads of things and still nothing.
Yes, I cleared the App World cache and it didn't change anything. I haven't un installed Twitter seeing as I'm scared it might do the same thing as Facebook, which is not working. It won't let me sign in. I've only un installed Facebook once and then re installed it but like I mentioned, it doesn't want to work.

I verified what version of device OS i am running on, it put up : 9380/7.1.0.336 (B1133)
Any ideads of what else I could do ?

Guru I

Hi Cath-M,

Let's take one problem at a time. Cool?

Here's what I found for the Facebook error

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB31263 When attempting to log into Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones the following error is displayed, "We are unable to reach the Facebook server at this time (0)"

"This issue has been resolved in Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones 3.0.0.17. Upgrade to the most recent version of Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones."

"If BlackBerry App World is still showing Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones 3.0.0.15 as the latest version of Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones available for the BlackBerry smartphone, follow KB24714 in order to clear the BlackBerry App World cache in order to downgrade Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Hey Bifocals,

I've already found that post and tried it all.. My App World shows that I have the latest version of Facebook which is 3.1.0.17 and like I said I've cleared my App World cache and it hasn't changed anything ..

Thanks.

Guru I

[ Edited ]

Hi  Cathy-M,

Here is some "light reading" for your Saturday night enjoyment.

Here's the user guides and release notes for both Twitter and Facebook v3.1. I would suggest reading them first to make sure that both apps are correctly installed and all options are set for optimum performance. If you still think App World is the main culprit use the link below to remove and reinstall App World correctly.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

User Guide Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones v3.1

Release Notes - Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones

User Guide Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones v3.1

Release Notes - Twitter for BlackBerry Smartphones

KB17862 Applications are not listed in My World after switching BlackBerry smartphones or upgrading the BlackBerry Device Software