Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Curve + Tethered Modem + MAC

Hi Everybody,

Somebody knows if theres a way to make it works the blackberry tethered modem option with a Mac?

RIM only has support for Microsoft Systems, but for Apple Mac there's not any document explaining how to make it works.

I'll appreciate all the help and tips for this topic.

Cheers! 

Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Curve + Tethered Modem + MAC

Hi!

Maby this link will help you: http://perishablepress.com/press/2007/06/12/blackberry-curve-as-bluetooth-modem-for-mac/

// BBsupp
New Contributor

Thanks my friend, great site and workaround. I'm going to test this solution right now.

Cheers!

I also have a blackberry curve 8310 and can't figure out how to tether it to my mac laptop.  I have tried everything online that I can find in forums etc...  Does anyone know if this blackberry can internet share so that I can try to use bluetooth PAN?  I appreciate the help!
Contributor

Hi!

Here is another greate site that might help you with your problem: http://www.pocketmacsupport.net/ 

Highlighted

Blackberry Curve tethers to Mac OSX 10.4 through Bluetooth on Verizon

Hello,

I just configured it today and it works great.  I have a BB Curve 8300 running Mac OS X 10.4 on Verizon. The Verizon tech I spoke to had no idea how to configure this, because the VZAccess software is only good for the Moto Q so far.

I tried following the instructions from the perishablepress.com link above to pair my Mac to my BB. It still didn't work, but then I went into System Preferences --> Network --> Bluetooth --> Configure.  Make sure under account name you type in [your phone number]@vzw3g.com. For password I put "vzw". Telephone Number is "#777". Then go under the "Bluetooth Modem" tab, and instead of selecting the Blackberry as the modem (like the perishablepress site recommends), do "Verizon Support (PC 5220)" instead. 

When I configured all my settings like this, it works great. A word of warning: when I use it while the computer is hooked up to a network through airport, it boots me off and says the connection was terminated by the remote site. So I just turn airport off when I'm using it.  

Good luck!