Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330

BlackBerry Curve & Verizon Wireless

Hello. My name is Fran. I'm a verizon wireless customer and just received my upgrade. I just ordered the pink BB Curve over the internet, but the customer service wasn't very helpful in answering my questions. I have alot of questions. 

Verizon's mobile internet is called web 2.0. Is the BB service the same?

Is the BB's mobile net an entirely different provider?

I have unlimited IM, text, & picture messaging to and from any wireless provider. If I'm on the BB's IM service is this included?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BlackBerry Curve & Verizon Wireless

You need to order the specific BB data plan.  I'm not sure exactly what it's called with Verizon but no other data plan for other devices will work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: BB Storm

I have the Pearl and I am on Verizon Wireless.  Call the 800 number and tell them you want the cheapest data plan for individuals.  When I first got my plan, I signed up for the 49.95 ( I believe) package which is unlimited but I did not use 1/4 of it.. so I called them about lowering it to the 29.95 package... it is unlimited also and since I only use it for emails, texting, talking it was good deal.  I can search the internet and don't have to worry about it.  They don't me I wouldn't use that much since it is not for business.. I hope this makes sense.  I am switching to the Curve nxt month myself.. but sorta new to BB.  I got my Pearl in Jan and have learned alot from this site in the last week! 
Contributor

Just looked up my plan and it is called "Email and Web for Blackberry" Plan.  It is 29.99 per month and it is unlimited.  Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Newbee here also!!! I'm on an unlimited plan with my 8330 Curve. Also...with Verizon and my plan is around $100 a month!!!!! and doesn't even include text messaging. I wonder if I'm getting ripped off??? My main account is in AZ but I got my new B.Berry about a month ago in Denver. Was wondering what part of the country you are from...... that maybe the different market prices vary depending on local competition. Thanks

just signed up with sprint and bought a curve , i got the simply everything plan for $100 a month and that does include the BB data plan. If i were you i would cross over, the grass is greener over here...lol

unlimited evrything, minutes, text internet, email, navigation etc. etc.

Contributor

I am from Alabama.   My text messages are different plan.  =(  I talked to several Verizon CS people and no one even mentioned the plan I have until the last one.  She asked me what I would be using it for, I told her and she was like... "oh, we have this plan" so I have used it for the last 5 months. 

Fran

Please let me help you. you want to register your pin and esn dec at www.blackberry.net/go/vzw and then go to options advanced options and host routing table and menu/blackberry key and register now and then it will show registration msg sent and then a globe should appear on your phone with any emails that you sent.

unless you are on a blackberry enterprise server you are paying too much you should only be paying 29.99 for the email & web for non enterprise users. that is someone that uses the www.blackberry.net/go/vzw and not there companys email server.