Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Desktop Icon

Background

I use a hosted exchange provider who I believe use BES 4.1.6

Previously on my work BES that I manage when you activate a user all their messages are delivered to the built in mailbox.

Question

Why since I have activated my BlackBerry on the new hosted service has an extra icon appeared on my Bold called Desktop.  It looks like a BIS icon but since I don't use BIS I am confused as to why it has appeared.  My messages appear to be delivered to both

Thanks

James

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Icon

Hello thefifthrace,

That's actually something may people actually ask about on the forums. That just means the BES admin has seperated your work email from any personal emails that you may have setup on your device. (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15003)

By default everything goes into the Messages icon. So the Desktop icon is just for your work emails, and any personal email accounts will have their own icon. If you rather just look at your Messages icon then you can just hide the Destkop icon

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the info.  I think I will implement that on the BES's I support Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Bold (9000)

[ Edited ]
You should consider yourself pretty lucky that your BES admin has done this. I have both BIS and BES setup on my BlackBerry, but unfortunately, my work emails through the BES get lumped into the all encompassing messages folder. I have gotten used to it, but I wish I could easily just look at my work emails by going to a separate icon without having to pay for a program like BES Inbox by Empower.
Message Edited by moopenguin32 on 06-22-2009 04:24 PM
"Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday." - Dale Carnegie
Visitor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

@jmrmb80 -

How do you get the Desktop icon on your BB? I've activated/initialized 3 BB's through BES and only one of them installed the Desktop icon. I would like to get all of them with the Desktop icon. The one that worked was a Storm 9530 and the 2 that didn't work were Storm 2 9550's.

Contributor
My Device: 9600
My Carrier: Globe

Will that icon take up space on the device? The Messages and Desktop icon has the same contents. How can I delete the contents of the Desktop icon and prevent messages from getting in there in the future?