Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1.0 B34 crashes !

Hi everybody! Got a solution:

for those, who have  |FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Media.FontFamily' threw an exception. ---> System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

(you can find you logs at: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data, the file name is Rim.Desktop.Exception.log)

So, the solution is:

- go to Start > Run > Regedit> HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/ SYSTEM/ CurrentControlsSet/Control/SessionManager/Environment and find "windir". Make sure the value is REG_EXPAND_SZ.

- than go to C:/Windows/Fonts and sort by modified date > start deleting latest fonts.

As far as I got the problem is in corrupt fonts. I had some special fonts on my PC, after deleting DM started to work.

Hope it helps.

Good luck. 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Follow up:

I eventually found a forum discussion somewhere on this topic and learned that, for some of us anyway, the problem stems from having a dual monitor set up.  I unplugged my second monitor and then uninstalled and reinstalled BBDM and now it works.  I was finally able to sync my device with my office desktop. 

I then reconnected my 2nd monitor and BBDM goes back to the old problem of displaying an empty frame and no functionality.  Next time I want to sync, I will see if just unplugging the 2nd monitor is enough, or if I have to reinstall the software each time.

Apparently BBDM is incompatible with dual monitor displays.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Hi ViciousFerret,

Thx for the reply, and sorry for the delay in replying too (i was in vacation).

I'm running Windows 7 32-bit version. Can you help me please, my problem is not resolved...

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: SFR

Yes I am running on Win 7 64 bits. 2 days I am looking for a way to install (first time), the Blackberry Desktop Manager to be able to reinitialise my phone who do not recognized my SIM card anymore.
Thousands of personnes are facing the same problem ... without finding any easy and good solutions. Blackberry support doesn't have any answer...without paying 49$, just to see if an answer exist.
1 year after you precedent answer, ... Blackberry didn't fix issues ith "64-bits" ? I can't imagine it... ?
Should I have to defintitly leave BBerry for Android... ? The only issue at this stage for me after 2 hard days looking for solutions...
I hope to finally some help...
Thx
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: 02

hi i need help badly as i want to use the manager with my BB --- the manger screen opens to the point it says somthing about options then it has a get started button i click on it then thats where everything messes up i get two errors saying that they have encountered problems in which a result has to close the manager which is incredibly frustrating HELP PLEASE i am using windows XP 32bit

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Mine crashes too - here's the message that Windoze Vista 64 gave me:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Rim.Desktop.exe
Application Version: 6.1.0.36
Application Timestamp: 4eb85358
Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18449
Fault Module Timestamp: 4da47a32
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 0001c83b
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

I did have a font peculiarity around the time of installing the BB DTM, but can no longer find the font in question, so it must have been deleted somewhere along the way.  

I'm new to BB, just received a Play-Book, would love to be able to use it to more of its potential ...