Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

BlackBerry Desktop Software Uknown Error Reported

This is what happens when i try to sync or configure sync settings on my BlackBerry 9700...

It doesn't really tell me anything so I don't even know where to start looking!!!

HELP ME!

3105i9D2B9D730F24CB91

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software Uknown Error Reported

I have exactly the same problem - have uninstalled Desktop and previous version/ downloaded again/ re-installed Desktop 6 / re-booted etc. but with the same result. Help would be much appreciated.

My Device: tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Same here! What's up Support people! Need a fix so we can sync!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I use to get this one all the time:  Unable to read application data

Then switched phones to get outlook sync. to work and now I get this message.

O80040fb3

Check documentation

And no one knows what the heck this is! I am so sick of not being able to sync. with outlook. That is one of the reasons I went with Blackberry

I am looking forward to the new windows phone that comes out in Oct/Nov

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Perseverance and an undue amount of time may be the answer. Mine is now working well after I

• shut down the computer
  • re-booted
  • used Windows uninstall to remove Desktop 6 again. (I had previously uninstalled its predecessor). I took care to tick the box requiring removal of all Blackberry-related files. I did not go through the full Clean Uninstall described elsewhere on this forum because I didn't want to tamper with registry values if it could be avoided
  • deleted the download 
  • shut down computer again/ re-booted
  • downloaded the programme again
  • installed the "fresh" download, this time successfully: no sign of the Intellisync "unknown error"
This was two days ago and I have waited until now before posting to ensure the programme is stable. In the meantime, by way of simple test, I have updated many phone book and diary entries in Outlook 2010, and a few on the Blackberry, and synced perfectly several times, data transferring both ways. 
This is on a PC running Windows Vista and a Blackberry Bold 9700. I would recommend uninstalling earlier version of s/w in Windows before even downloading Desktop 6: the installation programme is clearly incapable of carrying out a viable uninstall.
I hope this helps others. Having said that, it's obviously absurd that RIM can expect anyone to take so much time and trouble to make one of the world's leading PDA's run properly with one of the world's leading organiser programmes. If they can't make the programme uninstall, they should at least offer a Readme note on the download explaining how. Think of the thousands of hours wasted already on this issue ...

New Contributor
My Device: Strom 9550
My Carrier: Telus

I am having the same issue as the above posters.  I can't believe that RIM could produce something that appears tio be giving som amny people so much grief.  I have just purchased a a new latop with Windows 7 (32 bit) and Office 2010.

I tried to download DM 6 to my old computer with no luck.  I finally gave up trying to get it work.  I ahve now spent 2 hours trying to get it work on the new system and I get exactly the same error message as the 1st poster.  i have removed the software twice and re-loaded to no avail.  I guess I will remove again and install DM.

I think too when my contract expires in 8 months i will be thinking very seriously of an android.  ihave also been waiting for the playbook to be released but with the frustration AAI am having with something so simple that oo is on hold.

Sorry RIM, I have been supporting your for a number of years now partly becasue you used to have the best product and partly becasue you are Canadian but it seems you don't care so whay should I?

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

all i did was re-install DM6 and now it works perfectly fine