Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
10-29-2013 06:18 PM
BlackBerry 10 smartphone is detected by the Windows operating system and Windows PC is detected by the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, but but the BlackBerry Desktop Software Ver 220.127.116.11 does not detect the connected smartphone.
We have tried with two different Z10 smartphones in three differente computers, with the same results.
This only happens with the Z10. The same software is able to detect a 9900 or previous models.
- The BlackBerry BlackBerry 10 smartphone is directly connected to the system.
- We have configured the Windows Firewall to specifically permit all access from Blackberry devices and software. Also experimented entirely deactivating the firewall, to no avail.
- Power Management was disabled. Also tried using "masimum performance" profile.
- Selective Suspend is not enabled on the system.
- User Account Control is enaabled on the system.
- We made sure administrative rights were propagated to the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
- The original Blackberry USB cable connects without problems our Blackberry 9900 smartphone and other non Blackberry smartphones. Nevertheless, we tried with different cables and in different USB ports (directly to the computers).
10-29-2013 07:35 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
Blackberry 10 devices must use Blackberry Link (Q10, Q5, Z10, Z30)
For devices to be used BBOS "BlackBerry Desktop Software" (81xx to 9930)
11-07-2013 08:25 AM
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE,I USE BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE V.18.104.22.168 BUNDEL42 WINDOWS 7
I CONNECT MY SMART PHONE BLACBERRY CURVE 8900,BOLD 9900 BUT THE SOFTWARE does not detect the connected smartphone.
BUT WINDOWS DETECT THE SMART PHONE AS MEDIA
I TRY IN OTHER COMPUTER AND I CHANGE THE USB CABLE BUT STILLE THE SOFTWARE DONT DETECT THE DEVICE
PLEASE HELP ME TO END THIS ISSUE AND FIX IT
PLEASE CONTACT ME IS URGENT AND REPLLY
11-07-2013 09:56 PM
If your phone is not being recognized by BlackBerry Desktop Software, have a look at this article:
I hope that helps you.
VIA | BillJ
11-09-2013 10:23 AM
sorry but i try this before
i Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone but blackberry Desktop Software dont detect the device
but before i update blackberry Desktop Software the old ver it was working good and detected device